Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day, blew off work, first time out in my Lounge livery. Not one, but two flat tires. Go ahead and tell me it's some kind of coincidence.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
I don't know. I sported mine for the first time this Saturday, and it was the first ride I've done in ages without a flat. I was on my lightest tires too. The force is strong with the lounge jersey.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I had a LeMond jersey that was cursed. I had so many bad things happen to me while wearing that jersey. It's crowning achievement was a 25mph side slide on the tarmac after hitting a particularly nasty set of RR tracks. I burned it after that.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HokieRider said:
terry, you can shrink it a few sizes and send it my way if you think its that much bad luck. I'll fall on that grenade for you.
That is a very kind offer, but I think that its material is one of those that will still be a club fit "L" when it's been sitting in a landfill for 11,391 years.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
First time I rode mine was the first time I didn't get flats in a while. I don't think it's the jersey though, I was using a new tire.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Kram said:
I had a LeMond jersey that was cursed. I had so many bad things happen to me while wearing that jersey. It's crowning achievement was a 25mph side slide on the tarmac after hitting a particularly nasty set of RR tracks. I burned it after that.
That was the jersey's fault? :wink:

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Absofrigginlutely:D

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
it's New Mexico and those dang goathead things y'all get out there. God doesn't want roadies in NM.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
and here you all are (OK, just some of you), freely talking about "the-topic-that-shall-not-be-mentioned"... WTH are you thinking?? you are soooooooo fcuked on your next ride(s) -- you know that, right?

me? superstitious? ....... nah...

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Creakyknees said:
it's New Mexico and those dang goathead things y'all get out there. God doesn't want roadies in NM.
This is Coyote's big joke on us. He creates a plant that has homeopathic properties that purportedly enhance one's performance. But he packages it in a form that causes tires to deflate.

The Yin and the Yang, something goes up and something goes down.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
My rear tire apparently flatted at home after my ride.

Whatever that means since I wasn't wearing the Lounge kit.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,949 Posts
terry b said:
It's in your house.

Burn it.

While you still can..........................
I've ridden 3 times with Teh Lounge Gersey since getting it...nada awful yet Grasshopper.

I'd suggest redoing your Stable with Feng Shui in mind.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
terry b said:
It's in your house.

Burn it.

While you still can..........................
Maybe. But the previous times I've used it, I've had great rides. So....hmm.......

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Mine made me pedal faster and jump higher. I did my fastest "climbing loop" ever last night in my new Lounge Jersey. And the chicks dig it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts