Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it brand new at Best Buy back on January 2. Bought the sweet 30GB video IPOD. POS is already malfunctioning. Thanks APPLE. Never been dropped, wet, anything. Now, when you turn the piece on, you hear this very audible grinding of the HD reader inside, and then the screen resorts to this:

Tried the "R" techniques listed on troubleshooting pages at Apple with no answer. I wanted to restore the machine all the way back to original, but followed the directions and got nothing. So, I suppose it's headed to APPLE for support. Currently awaiting their email reply to my online tech support process.

Anybody got any horror stories or success tips in getting this dealt with? $300.00 bucks down the pi$$er....

G

·
return it to Apple under warranty. It will be replaced free of charge.

You can initiate the warranty claim on the Apple web-site.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
If you near the big schity and you can take it to an Apple store I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you a new one right there. I know people who've such luck. Apple is supposed to be excellent about taking care of warranty issues. You're lucky it ain't a Dell. Dell means lame.

Dell1

adj. Dell·er, Dell·est

1. Disabled so that movement, especially walking, is difficult or impossible: Lame from the accident, he walked with a cane. A lame wing kept the bird from flying.
2. Marked by pain or rigidness: a lame back.
3. Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory: a lame attempt to apologize; lame excuses for not arriving on time.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently Dell with Windows also means super lame, because that POS has been locking up too. Man, really, I think I know my way around modern technology pretty well, but these poorly made pieces of junk are getting the best of me.

To top that off, my dang knees hurt today. I think I'm PMS'ing, and I'm a 30 year old man!!!

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
ashpelham said:
Apparently Dell with Windows also means super lame, because that POS has been locking up too. Man, really, I think I know my way around modern technology pretty well, but these poorly made pieces of junk are getting the best of me.

To top that off, my dang knees hurt today. I think I'm PMS'ing, and I'm a 30 year old man!!!

Welcome to my world. ...but I'm a 38 year old fcuking man!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts