Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that Friere has had some good form as of late? He finished LbL in the main group with boys like Valverde, Cunego, and Evans, and just today was 5 seconds off of the prologue during Romandie (tied with Cancellara, but beat some other big guns).

For a sprinter type, that's showing some pretty good climbing and horse power. I'd like to see him battle for Green again against Boonen and Cavendish come July ...

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Friere got the win today, so a bit of validation. He was the only sprinter type to be able to survive the mountains.

G

·
Good call on Oscar, he has a history of coming back really strong after injuries. Unfortunately he has a lot of experience at having to come back. Hate that he missed MSR this year.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Anyone notice that Friere has had some good form as of late? He finished LbL in the main group with boys like Valverde, Cunego, and Evans, and just today was 5 seconds off of the prologue during Romandie (tied with Cancellara, but beat some other big guns).

For a sprinter type, that's showing some pretty good climbing and horse power. I'd like to see him battle for Green again against Boonen and Cavendish come July ...
Touché Einstruzende, you called it – he cleaned up yesterday. It's amazing how quickly Friere can find form after being off the bike for some time. I read an interview with him a number of years ago where he said he would be forced to take off four days in a row because of his bad back – and yet he could still mix it when he got back on the bike. Classy rider.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I totally lost touch with Romandie this time. They're not showing it here for me and the field isn't as exciting without Basso etc since they're resting/toning down/etc for the Giro.

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
I'm never surprised to see Freire win from nowhere, he comes back strong after being sick but also in an actual race, you don't see him, don't see his team and BAM! He's just there at the finish and swooshes by other and win. He's one of my favorite riders...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts