Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS is what is left of 18 romain lettuce and spinach plants I set out this past weekend. Not rabbits as the fence around the garden has always kept them out in the past. I think it's the [email protected] ground squirrel that lives in the wood pile in the back 40.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i'm not a farmer, but i think you're doing it wrong.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
i use chicken wire to keep the squirrels out, oh and Pepe the scarecrow helps.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
gutfiddle said:
i use chicken wire to keep the squirrels out, oh and Pepe the scarecrow helps.

yeah, no way a squirrel could ever figure out how to climb chicken wire! H3ll, they should call it 'squirrel wire'!! :p

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our garden is several raised beds inside a wire fence, and the fence is buried 16 inches below ground level. It's a lot easier to grow in raised beds here in the southwest because the native soil is pretty poor and it takes less water. The hubby and I spent Sunday prepping the beds and putting in plants and seeds. Dang!

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
JustTooBig said:
yeah, no way a squirrel could ever figure out how to climb chicken wire! H3ll, they should call it 'squirrel wire'!! :p
do i sense a tone of sarcasm? actually my catahoula stays on limb rat patrol, she munched one up yesterday that was trying to get into the pool. She's pretty slick for a dog, pretending to be sleeping but keepin an eye on those bushy tailed rats.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
theBreeze said:
Our garden is several raised beds inside a wire fence, and the fence is buried 16 inches below ground level. It's a lot easier to grow in raised beds here in the southwest because the native soil is pretty poor and it takes less water. The hubby and I spent Sunday prepping the beds and putting in plants and seeds. Dang!
sounds like you've put some work into this garden just to let those little critters get a belly full. print this out and practice w/ your .22

·
The Cube
1,113 Posts
try dog fur. it works best with bunnies, but may work with squirrels. my golden retiever sells it by the pound, but he doesn't ship out of state, sorry.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm, our dog is shedding pretty heavily about now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts