Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the 2004 Bianchi Pista Concept has a hole to mount a front break? I know the standard Pista does but not sure on the concept.

Not a huge fan of brakes on fixies but just came accross a sweet older Campy Delta brake and would love to try an all Italian fixie.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe Chase could chime in but I checked the post and it appears as if he is running an Easton EC90 front fork which is standard with a V-brake mount. From what I know the Bianchi Concept in 2004 runs an intergrated headset. Not sure about his 2006.

·
C 1/5
613 Posts
hey all - i did drill a hole for my 2005 concept fork and it worked fine. I used it for about a year without a problem. But I will say it was a serious pain in the "a" to do. The fork is not all carbon. The aluminum extends down below where the brake pads are so if you choose to do this, you don't have to worry about drilling into carbon.

If you do it, you need sharp titanitum drill bits and start by drilling small holes and work your way out to the appropriate diameter for the brake. A drill press will make doing this easier and more precise.

Also there is a screw inside the fork that appears to be bonded to the fork which you must remove before starting the drilling. It is exactly where the brake will go. It was likely placed there because the fork looks like a standard road fork that has been converted to track during the manufacturing process. That was the hard part.

I sold that bike because it was to small and I got a 2006. I put a easton fork on the 2006 mostly to slow up the steering for commuting etc and to try to lighten up the bike a bit. The bianchi fork was about 500 grams. The easton is about 290 cut.

All the concepts are integrated headsets to my knowledge.

Here's a link to the pics of the finished project. http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=29429&highlight=bianchi+pista+concept+fork+drill

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chase,

Really appreciate the help. I am poorly skilled at best when it comes to these kinds of mods so I think I will just swap the fork. That said, and since it is an integrated headset, what headset did you use on your 2006 concept to match your Easton fork?

Thanks again....

·
C 1/5
613 Posts
madequity said:
Chase,

Really appreciate the help. I am poorly skilled at best when it comes to these kinds of mods so I think I will just swap the fork. That said, and since it is an integrated headset, what headset did you use on your 2006 concept to match your Easton fork?

Thanks again....
I used the standard Cane Creek/Tange integrated headset. The easton forks work with either integrated or standard. Here's a couple of pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.