Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front deraileur on my bike is in need of replacement. I have a 10 speed 105 drivetrain. Can I use replace the front deraileur with ultegra 11 speed 6800 or is 10 speed 6700 nessesary? Thanks for th help.

·
Registered
829 Posts
ˆ 5700 or 6700, but no real benefit to going 6700 unless you can get a deal on it. Either should be pretty cheap

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I can't see any advantage in replacing a 5700 front derailleur with 6700. Functionality is identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I am finding very similar pricing of 5700 and 6700 front deraileur. I will go with the less expensive 5700.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
7900 is by far your best bet, far superior to the 5700. Much stronger and sturdier creating crisper and better shifts.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Not sure it will make any difference.
I recently got my old 90's Bianchi back on the road. I replaced the old worn out Campy Ergo's with some NOS 7700 (9 speed) STI's that I had laying around. I had a good rear derailleur, chain, wheels, and a few cassettes, but I only had a clamp on 7700 front derailleur, not a braze on. The only braze on that I had, that was not being used, was an old early 80's Campy Super Record, made for friction shifting. I thought that it could never work with an indexed system, but I gave it a try.
I was shocked that it worked perfectly, and that I could even shift out of the saddle.
Maybe I just lucked out, but I've done things like this before, and they always have worked for me.

Proceed at your own risk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts