Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm riding a size XL 2016 Giant Defy Advanced Pro, with standard QR skewers (pre- through axles), and am finding the front end of the bike to be really noodly / flexy at speed.

It's even possible to see the flex and deflection when I've got the bike in the trainer and just lean on the front end.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experience this with their Giants, and how they dealt with it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I ride a 2016 Defy Advanced Pro 0. When I first got it the headset was tight/rough? (I couldn't really feel it just by turning the bars back and forth) and the bike was very unstable at high speeds. I disassembled, cleaned, greased and reassembled and it improved a lot. It seemed to get better over time since that.

I now have 9000 miles on it and have no issues with it. And I really love high speed descents, the twistier the better. I regularly get over 50mph.

What do you mean by noodly/flexy?

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,643 Posts
I have a feeling the "noodly/flexy" feel you're getting is from the frame itself. Some carbon frames are inherently more flexy than others. I had this with an older Trek OCLV frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.