Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just recently bought a new wheelset. They run smoothly on my cdale slice but on my canyon endurace the front hub rubs my fork.

What can I do to safely solve this problem?
Would using some washers be ok? Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Bicycle part
Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Bicycle part Rim Bicycle tire
Blue Brown Electric blue Azure Cobalt blue

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,582 Posts
Washers? Sure, if you want to void your warranty and provide irrefutable online evidence that you did it. Get rid of those wheels and move on. They look like American Classic (style) hubs w/ the stupid small front hub bearings. They're smaller than skateboard wheel bearings...famous for not lasting very long.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Are those aluminum dropouts? If so, just take a file to 'em. I've heard of this happening before. A few strokes with a half-round file ought to do it.

Otherwise, I'd either skip using them on the Canyon and reserve them for the Cannondale, or exchange them for something practical, even though I feel it's the fork design that's at fault.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those aluminum dropouts? If so, just take a file to 'em. I've heard of this happening before. A few strokes with a half-round file ought to do it.

Otherwise, I'd either skip using them on the Canyon and reserve them for the Cannondale, or exchange them for something practical, even though I feel it's the fork design that's at fault.
Hi Peter,

They are in fact alu dropouts (mounted in carbon fork). I just put a super thin washer on the side where its rubbing and the wheel spins freely now. So it wont take much filing i assume.

Kr

Joris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts