Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WorkHard said:
i rode the other day 30 miles in 20-25 degree windy weather. i was alright with frozen toes because i have mesh shoes and no covers and expect that discomfort, but what really bothered me was the frozen unit. what do you guys use under your tights to keep your junk bundled and warm?

some think foil or baggies over the toes work, perhaps you could give that a try?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
WorkHard said:
i rode the other day 30 miles in 20-25 degree windy weather. i was alright with frozen toes because i have mesh shoes and no covers and expect that discomfort, but what really bothered me was the frozen unit. what do you guys use under your tights to keep your junk bundled and warm?
just wear windproof tights and your johnson should be fine. If you can't afford that then stuff a sock down your pants--the chicks will be in awe. :)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
My thoughts keep me warm.

WorkHard said:
I think of trolls.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
just wear windproof tights and your johnson should be fine. If you can't afford that then stuff a sock down your pants--the chicks will be in awe. :)
wind proof briefs

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I shove these down my bibs whenever it's turning nippy and I must say they really make a difference, combined with a swig of scotch it's just perfect.

·
Registered
896 Posts
used to happen all the time

when I was an XC ski racer. hurt unbelievable during the thaw-out. buy some briefs with the wind pane in front. solves the problem

rogger said:
I shove these down my bibs whenever it's turning nippy and I must say they really make a difference, combined with a swig of scotch it's just perfect.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
Tiger balm. http://www.tigerbalm.com/

Personally I stay off the bike when it is that cold, though I commuted 3 miles in the past in -20F and never had that problem. Still, in theory, Tiger Balm should work.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
dr hoo said:

Personally I stay off the bike when it is that cold, though I commuted 3 miles in the past in -20F and never had that problem. Still, in theory, Tiger Balm should work.
When I was in high school some guys pulled a prank on this one other guy that involved Red Hot brand embrocation and his jock. Let's just say that I've never seen anyone scream louder. And taking a shower only made it worse. Poor guy.

·
go up
648 Posts
I just tuck it in under my left armpit. . .
. . . ok, way under.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
dr hoo said:

Oh, you are evil :p

joe

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah and it's deep too.

Normally tuck left...on cold commute have definitely learned to tuck down so that the chamois gives me better protection.

Did a google search...got this result, not sure if it will be of much help though. :D

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
WorkHard said:
failing fancy briefs or windproof tights, newspaper works great. or plastic. small convenience store bags and grocery bags. good luck with your frozen unit. etc.

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
When I run into cold weather I stop by a fedex drop box and grab one of those Tyvek packs and slide it up under my jersey. Should work in other areas too.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
jplatzner said:
Good Marketing!

Some other guy does a post asking for gearing help at the same time and gets nothing! So far, the number of views are 115 vs. 0.
Hey...preventing frozen peckers is an important thing. Dude can figure out gearing himself.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can tell you what not to do

Bocephus Jones II said:
Hey...preventing frozen peckers is an important thing. Dude can figure out gearing himself.
Started working out and was using a leg machine so I had really sore inner thighs (adduction machine). Anyway, don't ever, ever put icy hot on your inner thighs without first wearing underwear. At first thought it was funny till the heat continued to build. Had to keep movig until it subsided, about 1/2 an hour.

·
Incredibly slow
545 Posts
WorkHard said:

This is slightly radical, but have you considered a sex change?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts