Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys look at this and give me your thoughts. Cleaning bike tonight and found a hole in the fiber in the rear brake mount hole. Looks like where the brake mount hole was formed or drilled. Is this a problem I should contact Orbea about? This is my third frameset. Maybe I'm being anal however quality issues like this should not be expected with a bike of this level.

Really love the bike just not the issues.

#1 Rear tire hit frame
#2 Snapped downtube

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
What year Orca is this? With the amount of money you spend on it I'd probably ask Orbea about it either way.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
08' Orca. Every few rides I pull the wheels off and wipe the thing down. Or wax it to always keep it looking new. I inherently have this ability to find blemishes in everything. It's a curse.

Thanks. I'll probably leave it alone. Doubt it will effect anything.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
If the sheer knowledge of the void bothers you, you could fill it with some epoxy, which is the main material in these frames anyway. Keep in mind that the precise term for all of these frame materials is CFRP = carbon fiber reinforced plastic. So it's not that difficult to take care of some minor probs here and there.

·
limit screwed
807 Posts
That's a pretty clear picture you have. E-mail it to Orbea USA and see what they say.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took your advice and e-mailed the image to Orbea warranty with my concern. The US warranty guy sent the pictures to the engineers in Spain for their opinion. I received a response today that they would like to replace the frame to be on the safe side. Again it is unfortunate to have to replace the frame again however Orbea is great to work with and very responsive.

Now the BIG question. I would like to get the 09' model because of the upgrades however what colors are available? I have now seen, all black, blue, and a red one has popped up. I really like the white or orange 08's the best followed by the all black 09'. However I've had three white ones maybe it's time for a change. You guys who have or seen the black 09's what is your impression? How do you think it will look with a full Chorus build??

Thanks!!!

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
sucks that you have to send it back but I've always heard good things about Orbea's customer service and it looks like they're living up to it, so that's good to hear.

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
My riding partner came to our ride a few weeks ago on his 09 Matte Black. I almost vomited. It is absolutely stunning. However, he also saw the blue there and said he could not pick. He called it amazing and liquid.

He flipped a coin.

I hope this absolutely does not help you.:thumbsup:

Go with Matte Black.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ooooooo, I have one!

I've got one of the '09 Orca's with a Chorus build and it is really sweet. I enjoy it a lot. Just not really happy with the R-Sys wheels that I got with it...oh well. For what its worth I saw one of the blue one's while I was waiting for mine to come in and it only further solidified my choice. Either way you'll be pleased but Chorus matches better with the raw Matte finish too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.