Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these in the QBP book. They have the double bracing by the housing entrance like the new SRAM brakes from their new grouppo.

Anyone used/heard of these? I haven' t heard anything about them... nor knew they existed until yesterday.

My tektros SUCK (after trying 3 different pads) relative to the Ultegras I have on my spare bike. This is one of the few alternatives I could try. DA is too expensive and I'm NOT getting another set of tektros.

And are cane creek brakes just rebadged tektros?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tektro don't suck. I have them on my OCR 1 and they stop fine just like my Dura Ace 7800s on my Cervelo Soloist.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Mavic SSC is the way to go. Look the nads and stop even better. Damned reasonbly priced, too.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mavic SSC is the way to go. Look the nads and stop even better. Damned reasonbly priced, too.
Agreed. I like these better than the Record brakes they replaced and better than the Dura Ace brakes on my second bike.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
You mean, they stop better than record ones? That'd be nice...

I'm looking to replace my Centaur ones sometime soon, and have been drawn towards those things.

·
Registered
219 Posts
They stop marginally better than Record, with better control. The initial stopping power is a bit less than Dura Ace, but again with better control, which I think is more important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts