Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, quick question. Is there some reason for "carbon wrap" from FSA? My wifes new Immortal Pro has a wrap' ed crank, and both of our bikes came with wrap'ed seat posts (mine is an Immortal Force). I can't come up with the reason for doing this, I had to cut the seat post on my wifes bike, and the wrap is little more then paper thick, so it doesen't seem it would add to the strength. I know BD just buys the components, so my question is more about FSA. What purpose does the carbon wrap serve? :confused:

· Registered
174 Posts
Its not so much the carbon as it is the resin used in the process. Since it is a seat post, Circular objects when an axial load is applied are just plain strong. As for as thin/thick sizing its all relative...How are you loading the frame?...What are you doing it?...They design frames with extra carbon where they need it.

Look online at cut away carbon... How this is that...about 10 sheets of paper in some areas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.