Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had any personal experience with FSA cranks, so naturally, I turned to the internets and other mechanics for advice. I found the general consensus to be "it sucks, don't get them."

However, most of these opinions were formed or published quite a while ago. Is FSA quality deserving of its reputation?

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
I own three FSA cranksets but have only ridden much on one of them so far and that has only been for about a month so I'm no expert.

The Vero that came on my bike was cheap and heavy but worked ok. Square-taper BB and all three rings were steel. If I were buying low end I'd get a Shimano instead.

I got the Energy Compact from Nashbar on sale for $100, less than half the price of Ultegra at about the same weight (801g with BB). Really like it so far.

The only negative I've read is that their MegaEXO BBs are not as good as others so if I have a problem I'll replace it with DA or Ultegra for about $25.

I've never used their carbon cranks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.