Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Mr. 138 noticed some noise and movement in his SRM FSA K-Force crank. So, when he got home from his ride, he started to take everything apart. Turns out the issue was with the non-drive side crank arm... the chunk of metal that contains the threads where it attaches to the spindle are separating from the arm. Anyone ever seen this? He's hoping to get it replaced under warranty:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did find one reference to this problem last night.... didn't save the link. Most of the stuff on the internets talks about Loctite on the binding bolt. That is not the issue with this. The insert moves w.r.t. the carbon arm causing it to wobble visibly quite a bit (probably 2-3 mm at the pedal end).

·
Registered
520 Posts
Why would it not be a warranty issue, seems like they would want the crankarm back to avoid serious injury and I can't imagine this could be caused by anything other than a manufacturing defect/design

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
My drivetrain was making a clicking sound. I have the SAME cranks. I will check them on Monday. Yes, FSA should warranty this, but those cranks are no longer available.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had an FSA K-Force crank a couple of years ago that was replaced under warranty for movement of the non-drive side crank arm. I remember that I had to provide a copy of the sales receipt to show it was within the warranty period.

·
Registered
28 Posts
SRM is taking care of it. Even though FSA was the original manufacturer, SRM handled it last. They are shipping out the part and I should be good to go for the race this weekend (MIssissippi Gran Prix).

R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts