Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have K Force Light on my bike right now and for some reason I like surfing ebay and out of the blue last minute won a New Campy Chorus UT cranks for a good amount. I have i have Record components on the bike except for the cassette which is chorus and wondering if there's a significant difference between the 2 cranks, I know it's not a record but it'll be nice if all parts are campy. thank you

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had an FSA SL-K carbon crank with megaexo BB which, after 2 warranty replacements (non-drive arm loosening, the typical failure), finally worked well for me, but I was afraid to touch it for fear of the crank arm loosening in the middle of nowhere. I recently replaced it with a Chorus UT, which I love! Easy to install, great Campy engineering. It also upshifts much more quickly than the FSA due to the additional pins on the large ring. If I were you, I'd put on the Campy and sell the FSA.

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
mwestray said:
I had an FSA SL-K carbon crank with megaexo BB which, after 2 warranty replacements (non-drive arm loosening, the typical failure), finally worked well for me, but I was afraid to touch it for fear of the crank arm loosening in the middle of nowhere. I recently replaced it with a Chorus UT, which I love! Easy to install, great Campy engineering. It also upshifts much more quickly than the FSA due to the additional pins on the large ring. If I were you, I'd put on the Campy and sell the FSA.

My FSA experience was bad as well. UT is a better design.

Love your avatar. I have a 531c KOM. It hangs on the wall these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.