Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to update my bars but cant decide between the FSA Omega or the 3T Ergonova Pro. I want alloy not carbon and I want a shallow drop so I narrowed it to these too. Im leaning towards the 3T because of the flat top, sorta speak. Im concern about that the 3T are wider at the drops than at the hoods....does that feel odd? Any info would be great. Thx

·
Registered
363 Posts
I really like the ergonova. The flat part is very comfortable when on the tops, although if the bar tape is too thick they can be a little large. I've used both cinelli cork tape and fizik microtex tape with success. I like the flare in the drops because it means I'm a little narrower/more aero when on the hoods but when in the drops my elbows are wider so don't hit my knees.

The egg shaped top of the ergonova is also probably a little more aero than a traditional round bar.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Omega is longer in the drops, which some people like. I have adapted to the Ergonova though. I like the Ergonova flat top too, and I leave the flat part un-taped. I think it's more comfortable that way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Omega is longer in the drops, which some people like. I have adapted to the Ergonova though. I like the Ergonova flat top too, and I leave the flat part un-taped. I think it's more comfortable that way.
So what size bars do you use? If I use 42 should I get 42 on the drops or hoods?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I went with a size 44, which is close to 42 on the hoods. Previously I was using a size 44 with no flare and I like the narrower hoods.

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
been riding with the 3T Ergonova 42" and love them. the flat top is comfortable when need and don't tape them as well. I cut the tape just as it comes around the curve.

the drop is shallow enough for my hands and puts me in a great riding position as well as provides me the perfect reach for the ability to brake and shift.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I road the omega on several bikes prior to riding the ergonova on the s2. They feel pretty similar.

Maybe a slight nod to the ergonova for the flatter tops.
But the omega is cheaper I feel are better shaped for running your hoods level.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I've got the carbon version which I assume are the same shape as the alloy version. They're nice bars. The drop is shallow, which I kind of like at my age. The wide section on the top is comfortable. They flare out at the drops, so buy a size smaller than you do with other bars. I usually buy a 42 -- a 40 fits me fine in the Ergonova bar.

Got a really good deal on Bonktown -- man I miss that site.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went ahead a bought the 3t Ergonova and wrap them with Fizik Microtex, which is what I used before. I haven't ridden with them yet since Im making other adjustments/installs on my bike, but I think they are going to be sweet to ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally rode several times with the new 3T Ergonova Pro bars. It was a great choice. Very comfortable on the top, hoods, & drops. I cant believe I survived this long without these bars.:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts