Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks. I'm looking for a new wheelset for my Bianchi, the Khamsins have done a great job over the last year but I'm looking for something a little lighter. I'd narrowed it down to Campagnolo Zondas but I noticed this FSA wheelset in the same price range. I wondered if anyone had any experience with it, or FSA wheels in general? By the way, I'm not a racer but I do like to mix it up with mates once in a while. And I'm 170lbs and a bit of a pedal masher. Too many years of singlespeed mtbing (but I've seen the light now!).
TIA

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Snufkin said:
OK folks. I'm looking for a new wheelset for my Bianchi, the Khamsins have done a great job over the last year but I'm looking for something a little lighter. I'd narrowed it down to Campagnolo Zondas but I noticed this FSA wheelset in the same price range. I wondered if anyone had any experience with it, or FSA wheels in general? By the way, I'm not a racer but I do like to mix it up with mates once in a while. And I'm 170lbs and a bit of a pedal masher. Too many years of singlespeed mtbing (but I've seen the light now!).
TIA
FSA wheels SUCK!!! Read the reviews on here...
I personally ran through 3 sets in less than 12 months. Broken spokes, Cracked rims and poorly machined hubshells ended my realtionship with FSA wheels.

·
Registered
184 Posts
no fsa wheels for me...

I rode a pair of RD-400s for two seasons. In that time I had to replace the bearing in the rear wheel, had to re-true and loctite (upon FSA's suggestion) the rear wheel, and had to have the wheelset rebuilt because of cracking rims. FSA's service was excellent, but the product was not so good.

I am now riding on a set of Zondas. Only have 200 miles on them so far, so too early to tell how they will hold up. I have a friend with Zondas and he has had no issues with them at all.

Got my Zondas from Ribble, so the price was pretty competitve.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I've read the reviews and I think I'll stick with Campy. Although I might be able to get a good deal on some Neutrons rather than the Zondas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I rode the hell out of a set of RD-400's. They started to crack around the spoke holes on the rear but that was after lots of miles. I think I trued them a bit once...

My main complaint was the internal spoke nipple. I'd use them again if the price was right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I've just stumped up for some Neutrons:) . They were a little above the price range that I'd set myself but they seem to meet my requirements best. It's also my bikes first birthday next week, so I thought I'd treat it, as it's been good to me:) .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts