Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been scouring ebay for good deals on a carbon seatpost. I want get a lighter seatpost and to enhance the aesthetics of my bike. Is this a good option for purchase?

Buying for my CAAD12

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Check your size of hole before ordering. Just for info, no one really checks anyones seatpost before the ride.
That one has zero setback.
I was looking at your nick picture, are you on the 'space force'? ...asking for a friend.

·
Registered
19,755 Posts
You already asked these questions in the other thread you started about this. Which you never replied to. Never answered any questions. Do you really want help?

Aesthetics means visual appearance. The weight of a seatpost has nothing to do with aesthetics.
I've never heard someone say "Oh look at that bike, it looks soooo cool because I can weigh it with my eyes and tell it's 20g lighter"

You never mentioned which seatpost you have on your CAAD12. SAVE, C1, C2, or C3?
How can anyone recommend a lighter seatpost without knowing the weight of your current seatpost?

FYI... some carbon seatposts are heavier than aluminum ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You already asked these questions in the other thread you started about this. Which you never replied to. Never answered any questions. Do you really want help?

Aesthetics means visual appearance. The weight of a seatpost has nothing to do with aesthetics.
I've never heard someone say "Oh look at that bike, it looks soooo cool because I can weigh it with my eyes and tell it's 20g lighter"

You never mentioned which seatpost you have on your CAAD12. SAVE, C1, C2, or C3?
How can anyone recommend a lighter seatpost without knowing the weight of your current seatpost?

I do! Just saw the responses due to notifs on my email. I am trying to gather opinions from people before spending my money on ebay items

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

My stock seatpost is the aluminum C3... that comes with the CAAD12. I have the 105 variant

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I have bought items on ebay, it usually works.
Most people are honest, but sometimes they have no idea what they have. if the picture is what you want, it usually works.
... and you didn't answer my question! ... are you on the new "space force" ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have bought items on ebay, it usually works.
Most people are honest, but sometimes they have no idea what they have. if the picture is what you want, it usually works.
... and you didn't answer my question! ... are you on the new "space force" ?
I'm sorry! I don't know what "space force" is.... so that probably means I'm not on the space force :)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I guess your not in the USA? ... or been living under a rock? which is it?
... if it is a ebay sale from India or somewhere like that, forget it, move on!

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,822 Posts
In my humble opinion, I think spending $110 on a seatpost is crazy. But hey, if a seatpost you consider better looking makes you happy, all the power to you.

Buying from eBay is safe. I have bought multiple items on eBay. Once I bought something and it was never delivered. Emails to the seller went unreplied. I contacted eBay and they covered the cost and banned the seller.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts