Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use an FSA ceramic BB with a set of Dura Ace cranks?
Everything I hear is "they weren't really designed with each other in mind, but they will generally work."
I miss the old days of the two standards, now it seems that every crank has a different system. I get Shimano and Campy not being the same, but FSA, Easton, TruVativ, etc, all have their "own" setup that may or may not work...
Lame.

So anyway, a little help? :)

Trying to get my TT together finally...

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dr_John said:
Why not just get the Dura Ace BB with ceramic bearings?

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/r...t-dura-ace-10-speed-bb-unit-3994_19_TRUE.html

My FSA ceramic bearing BB lasted 3000 miles.
I guess my reasoning is that I have an FSA ceramic BB in 68mm/English here, the crankset came with them, and I'm using them on a 70mm/Italian bike. So I'm BB-rich but crank poor.
I have the option of getting a smoking deal on a set of FSA NeoPro cranks for the TT which would slap right into the FSA BB. I might do that, but it would be kind of ridiculous overbuild for my needs/skill level. Might be kind of fun, until I come in last in my local Cat 5 race...

· p != b
2,303 Posts
BikeNerd2453 said:
I guess my reasoning is that I have an FSA ceramic BB in 68mm/English here, the crankset came with them, and I'm using them on a 70mm/Italian bike. So I'm BB-rich but crank poor.
I have the option of getting a smoking deal on a set of FSA NeoPro cranks for the TT which would slap right into the FSA BB. I might do that, but it would be kind of ridiculous overbuild for my needs/skill level. Might be kind of fun, until I come in last in my local Cat 5 race...
Getting the NeoPro cranks is overkill, but Dura-Ace isn't?

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
roadboy said:
if you have a 68mm FSA BB then it wont work on a 70mm italian frame, your crank will work on any road frame but you need an italian BB for the frame you have.
Oh, I know that, I the Italian-threaded bike is taken care of, but I have a 68mm BB. The TT frame is a Look 496.
Re-reading my reply, it is confusing. The cranks are on the Italian bike, with the corresponding Italian BB, so I have the English BB here too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.