Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Me
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<article>
Hello, Does anyone know if the FSK SL-K handle Bars top portions of the oval section of the bar should be flat or level, and then you would adjust the brake lever hood for comfort. What would be the standard or recommended installation for these. My LBS installed the but the oval top part of the bar is slightly rotated up.
</article>

<abbr class="DateTime" data-time="1500818837" data-diff="2" data-datestring="Jul 23, 2017" data-timestring="9:07 AM" title="Jul 23, 2017 at 9:07 AM" style="color: rgb(118, 118, 118); text-decoration: none; border: 0px; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position: normal;">
</abbr>

·
Registered
427 Posts
It's really just personal preference.

But if it were my bike, I would NOT like to have the top of the bars rotated up. I always set mine flat.

In general, I find that most LBS set the bars up with both the top of the bars and the hoods rotated far too much with an up incline. I guess that is to accommodate people who aren't really comfortable on drop bars.

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
Hello, Does anyone know if the FSK SL-K handle Bars top portions of the oval section of the bar should be flat or level, and then you would adjust the brake lever hood for comfort. What would be the standard or recommended installation for these. My LBS installed the but the oval top part of the bar is slightly rotated up.
Brake levers should typically be mounted so that the ends of the brake levers just touch a straight edge held against the straight part of the bottom of the drops. Rotation of the bars then becomes personal preference and somewhat dependent on the brake lever design. Many people rotate their bars so that there is a level area combining the bar and the lever hoods, but obviously some levers don't really allow this.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Many people rotate their bars so that there is a level area combining the bar and the lever hoods, but obviously some levers don't really allow this.
This is what I do as well. I spend most of my time on the hoods and I like a flat section to rest my palms. To the OP, its easy enough to rotate the bars slightly if that is what you want. Its a bit more of a pain to move the levers because you have to remove the bar tape. I would go back the the shop and ask them to adjust them how you want

1 - 6 of 6 Posts