Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
I don't get it?

"Fuentes denied that the methods he used could be classed as doping"

"You feel bad because you know that you have not committed any crime"

If he was so confident that everything he was doing wasn't wrong and against the rules then why were all his records in code? What was he trying to hide?

the dude is full of caca

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Doping or not doesn't matter for his case, they have to prove he harmed their health. Winning races is not a sign of poor health so I think he's going to come out of this pretty well. The bad news is he can't show he didn't hurt anyone's health unless he tells them who they are.

·
Registered
70 Posts
what about his hint of conspiracy...

...on behalf of the spanish authorities.

"Names have appeared of people that I don't even know and there are others that haven't come out and I've no idea why but my professional oath forbids me from revealing their names."

"Many names, there has been selective filtering, I don't understand why, because some have come out and others have not. Including in cycling, some have and some have not. They are probably going to appear progressively."

Cadena Ser said Fuentes had agreed to explain more in another interview early Thursday.

So what gives? who is controlling who's names come out (no valverde, no menchov although they were rumoured to be involved). Do the Spanish authorities have an axe to grind? Who is to say they did not add a name to the list (after all many of the decoded nicknames could be open to interpretation lacking further evidence via phone calls, video, etc).

Then there's the whole "there are soccer & tennis players involved" / "no soccer or tennis players involved" rhetoric. He even implies that there are current cyclists participating in the tour now whose names weren't on the list.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
surftel said:
If he was so confident that everything he was doing wasn't wrong and against the rules then why were all his records in code? What was he trying to hide?
Well I think he knows it was against the rules that was why he was hiding it, but he doesn't believe it was wrong. In fact, just the opposite. He believes he was preserving the rider's health by doping them. This seems to be quite a common belief amongst these doctors.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Well I think he knows it was against the rules that was why he was hiding it, but he doesn't believe it was wrong. In fact, just the opposite. He believes he was preserving the rider's health by doping them. This seems to be quite a common belief amongst these doctors.
Also interesting from Fuentes:

"had enough of the hypocrisy. The Tour direction sent home riders that I never treated, and there are now clients of mine in the peloton. I'm furious. People were named that I don't even know but other names were concealed."

I wonder if he's telling the truth... if he is, that's really sad.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I find him highly credible. He seems to have a very big ego and appears pissed when he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was very adamant that he has treated soccer, track and tennis in addition to cyclists, despite reports to the contrary (notably from FIFA authorities).

He also made a good point about it being more dangerous to health to start the Tour with a 31 HCT than a 51 HCT.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,894 Posts
terzo rene said:
I find him highly credible. He seems to have a very big ego and appears pissed when he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was very adamant that he has treated soccer, track and tennis in addition to cyclists, despite reports to the contrary (notably from FIFA authorities).

He also made a good point about it being more dangerous to health to start the Tour with a 31 HCT than a 51 HCT.

...wow, that sounds just like LA !!! Guess that makes him highly credible too...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.