Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode one today. It's nice, fairly light, looks good.

Any reason I shouldn't get it?

I've been looking for a new fixed, SS. I had planned on building my own up, but the price is right and I can't settle in on any one specific frame.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,048 Posts
By classic, do you mean the steel lugged frame and fork? If so, I'd say go for it. They are sweet bikes.

(BTW I loved steel lugged bikes)

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was talking about their new'ish prebuilt SS/Fixie.

I'm only interested in the Frame and fork. I had a chance to ride one and the Feather today. They ride well.

I'm still not sold!

Bianchi Pista, Specialized Langster, Surly Steamroller, Masi Speciale, Fuji Feather/Classic Track.....build my own. toooo many choices.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave Hickey said:
If you know the correct size, check out one the Bike Island/BD or Performance/Nashbar framesets.
I'd seen them all before. I looked again today and something new was there.

Gonna order it(it's 520 reynolds and im a sucker from chrome), some CXP22s w/ Formula hubs(pre-builts), and an IRO kit. I've got a new black brooks to slap on it.

Thanks for the link Hickey. I didn't think they'd have anything new.

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
PlasticMotif said:
I'd seen them all before. I looked again today and something new was there.

Gonna order it(it's 520 reynolds and im a sucker from chrome), some CXP22s w/ Formula hubs(pre-builts), and an IRO kit. I've got a new black brooks to slap on it.

Thanks for the link Hickey. I didn't think they'd have anything new.
That is a nice frame. It will make a great street rider with bottle and fender mounts. I also like that it has the tensioners in the dropouts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts