Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LBS has a really nice looking and riding Fuji Team RC. Full carbon, mostly dura-ace, Ritchey seatpost, stem, carbon crank, cane creek wheelset - $3000!?

The cynical part of me thinks:

- too cheap
- no one is talking about these bikes
- you don't see any pro teams using Fuji (at least I haven't)

The other part of me thinks I've found a great bike that I can get at a great price because they are pricing it without the mark-ups that come from marketing costs, demand, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Having a 2005 Professional...

I'd say go for it, I got a 2005 Professional in October 2005, which is equivalent to the 2006 Team RC, so far I love it. The frame is said to be made by the same factory as the Scott CR1, maybe a layer or two more carbon, it's a bit heavier than the (advertised) CR1 weights. So far I love it, it's very responsive, and having just taken it for a 90 mile jaunt this weekend, I'd say it's very comfortable over distance, it doesn't beat me up. The Ritchey components are very reliable and I'd say the only thing I found odd was the spec'ing of Ultegra brakes, but that doesn't really matter to me.

Maybe try and get a deal on a 2005 Fuji Professional before you go for this, I hear there are still some floating around.

·
Banned
20 Posts
This may sound crazy but I find the more I ride the better my teeth feel. In winter when I'm stuck in the basement on the Airdyne I find the chompers more sensitive to cold hot etc. The more I get outside and get cranked up to 250 or more miles a week my 50 year old teeth start feeling real good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts