Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Fulcrum Racing 1 wheels (from about 2010) currently running 10 speed Shimano. To upgrade to an 11 speed do I only have to install an 11 speed freehub or are there other obstacles?

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
I have a pair of Fulcrum Racing 1 wheels (from about 2010) currently running 10 speed Shimano. To upgrade to an 11 speed do I only have to install an 11 speed freehub or are there other obstacles?
I dont believe these are convertible to 11 speed.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Fulcrum = Campy. And since they have been 11-spd compatible since 1999 I would have thought that there was space for an 11-spd freehub and that OP is probably correct. No personal knowledge though.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Nope. The Racing 1 of that era use the Shimano CS-6700 freehub.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Fulcrum = Campy. And since they have been 11-spd compatible since 1999 I would have thought that there was space for an 11-spd freehub and that OP is probably correct. No personal knowledge though.
Don't confuse the fact that Fulcrum is a Campy product with the freehub that is on this wheel. It is Shimano compatible, not Campy compatible.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Don't confuse the fact that Fulcrum is a Campy product with the freehub that is on this wheel. It is Shimano compatible, not Campy compatible.
I'm aware of that. I thought my post (since I linked to a Shimano freehub), would have made it obvious.

Campy hub dimensions, specifically the location of the DS flange, provides enough room for an 11-spd cassette on a 130 mm axle. That was the original point.

OP will need to do a little research on the specific "OS axle" that was used in the 2010 Fulcrum hubs. Campy updated it around 2008. It looks from the evidence as though it wasn't updated on Fulcrum hubs until 2013, but that's the bit he needs to confirm. If that is the case then the hub would need both a new axle and freehub to make it 11-speed Shimano compatible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.