Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Fulcrum racing 1 2 way fit wheel set. I have now been informed that they are on back order and have been offered the Eurus 2 way fit at the same price. Should I wait for the Fulcrums or take the Campags? Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Take the Eurus; they are a stiff, durable wheelset. I also think they look better than the Fulcrums.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ewitz said:
Avoid the 2 way fit. They weigh more than the standard rim and most people run as clinchers.
Speak for yourself. I have the Eurus 2 way and run them tubeless. Love the ride, and typically one flat per year (3000+/- miles). I'll take the small extra weight for the versatility.

·
Registered
138 Posts
temoore said:
Speak for yourself. I have the Eurus 2 way and run them tubeless. Love the ride, and typically one flat per year (3000+/- miles). I'll take the small extra weight for the versatility.
Agreed. I am using Zonda 2-Way Fit wheels with Hutchinson Fusion 2 tubeless tires, and haven't had a flat yet in the last eight months. I typically ride 80-100 miles a week.

Now that I said this, I will probably jinx myself and get a flat on the next ride. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also have been trying to find the differences between the eurus 2009 and the 2010 wheel sets. If you had the choice would go with the 10's or save $300 with the 09's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ramjett said:
Also have been trying to find the differences between the eurus 2009 and the 2010 wheel sets. If you had the choice would go with the 10's or save $300 with the 09's.
From the Competitive Cyclist site:
"The Campagnolo Eurus 2-Way Fit clincher wheelset is lighter than ever before, 30 grams lighter than the previous iteration. And the weight savings comes where it'll give you the greatest performance benefit -- towards the outside of the wheel. The spoke nipples are now aluminum rather than brass. Another change (sentimental, not weight-related) is that the Record-quality hubs have the winged wheel with quick release logo of bygone years. Aside from these two changes, the Eurus is the same great one-wheel-does-all that we'd have on the short list for selection for our own race bikes."
So, is 30 grams worth $300?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts