Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a source defining acceptable clincher tire widths for the Fulcrum Racing 5 (Also the Fulcrum Racing Sport). I am interested in using both 23mm and 25mm tires with these rims and just wish to make sure for safety. I have always used 622-23 exclusively.

Also, seems Fulcrum, like other wheel vendors only sell their wheels in a set. Is there any means for me to purchase a Fulcrum Racing 5 front wheel?

·
Registered
509 Posts
What do you mean by acceptable tire width? The Racing 5 is 21mm internal I think, and will work with everything up to 38ish for sure, maybe larger.

There is also the LG version of the Fulcrum wheels that came out in 2015 that are 23mm wide and said to be spefically designed for a 25mm road tire. Obviously it will work with larger, but are meant for typical road bike use.

For all Fulcrum, check the UK sites. Prices are amazingly low. Not sure if you can get singles though without going to ebay.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,066 Posts
Acceptable width?

You'll run into frame clearance problems long before you run into a non-acceptable width on a roadbike. These are bicycle tires, not car tires that are specifically made in one specific ratio for one specific make of one year of one model of car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts