Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some research online and on here trying to figure out a pair of wheels I want to put on my new bike. I ordered a 2011 supersix and this is going to be my main race machine for this upcoming season. The bike comes with crappy mavic equipes. The fulcrum wheels would be used for day to day training and hill climbs/crits. I'll be ordering a pair of hed stinger 4's for long road races and such.

Pretty much id like some peoples opinions on if you think these are good wheels for the purpose I will be using them for. Or offer some different wheels to consider, im very open to advice.

I'm 5'11 149 lbs.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the Two Way Fit.

The additional weight that it adds to the standard Zeros negates any weight benefit of not having to run tubes. Also, selection of tires is so limited and none of them are as good as the best cstandard clinchers.

·
Roadcyclist
412 Posts
i have the Shamal ultra 2-way..
i would say the Fulcrums are basically similar as Shamals, apart from the rear spokes arrangement.

reliable, reasonably stiff and smooth rolling.

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
559 Posts
ewitz said:
I wouldn't bother with the Two Way Fit.

The additional weight that it adds to the standard Zeros negates any weight benefit of not having to run tubes. Also, selection of tires is so limited and none of them are as good as the best cstandard clinchers.
http://www.biketechreview.com/tires_old/images/AFM_tire_testing_rev7.pdf

I read this as showing the Fusion 2 tubeless giving up 3.5W per tire at 51km/h to a Vittoria Corsa CX clincher. Lets say, for arguement sake that it takes 300w to do 51km/h on the Tacx rollers. That makes 3.5W inside the 1.3% standard deviation on the test...

I built up a set of Stan's Alpha 340 rims on record hubs, and I run Fusion 2 tubeless tires on them (BTW this is a 1380g wheelset with Sapim CX spokes and cost <$600.00). I also have a set of Vittoria Corsa CX clinchers AND a set of Vittoria Corsa CX tubulars.

What tire is better, faster, stronger?

They are all great. I am not sure i can tell the difference in rolling resistance. But the ride on the tubular and tubeless tires is noticably better than on the clinchers. Plus no flats on the tubeless.

None. Zip. Zero.

I couldn't be happier with mine. Go for the two-way fit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Eurus 2 way with Hutchinson Atom tubeless tires, no sealant. Love them. Only one flat in a couple thousand miles and I just stuck a Park glueless patch inside the tire inflated with a Co2 and rode away. Seriously thinking of picking up a pair of Zonda 2 ways, only a few grams heavier than Eurus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts