Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 185lbs and been riding Bontrager XXX Lites and Race X Lites but would like to

1) get wheelset with best rolling hubs possible

2) increase stiffness in next wheelset-especially the rear wheel

Open to suggestions but considering Fulcrum 1's or 3's, HED Ardennes w/ "stallion" build, or custom build but not sure which hubs would be best.

From what I've read the Fulcrum 1's and 3's seem to be pretty stiff and have good quality hubs (Record right?) Anyone had a chance to ride them? If so do you think the 1's are worth the extra $?

· Registered
2,286 Posts
well given ur choice of factory wheels are not that aero, i'd tend towards custom

if u wanted factory outta that list, prolly the ardennes makes the best sense... nice rim feature, and u can easily replace spokes... its quite light too...

but again, consider custom... i'm guessing ur runnin' shimano... DA hubs in either 28 or 32 or mix, all cx-ray, OPs or 1.1... and it will make a light durable wheelset w/ easily replaced parts.. the hubs also roll on a loose ball set up (as does record).... it would be much cheaper than f R1s or ardennes, and makes good sense if this is your only wheelset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.