Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
I guess it depends on what you're looking for and more importantly, where. My local Cannondale dealer has a pair of 2009 CAAD9's, a 54cm in black, and a 58cm in white which is the sickest paint job the CAAD9 has had since it didn't have paint. The next closest dealer (Columbia, TN) doesn't have anything and hasn't given me any information lately about anything. And I called dibs on the white CAAD9.

· Registered
79 Posts
My shop is in Huntsville, AL. If you fit a 54cm, they have a 9 speed Sora equipped 2009 CAAD9 in matte black for about $950 I think. If you fit a 58 and like the white, you'd have to wait. I already licked the handlebars. It's that sweet.

· I love to climb!
2,060 Posts
teffisk said:
well do you know when i could order a frame? this is lame considering i work at a cdale dealer. I am calling my rep tomorrow. but info is scarce
Should have received your cannondale handbook by now. at least, we received ours a week or so ago. you can always access your cannondale station website to check availability, though they don't have all the 09 stuff listed there yet. and, of course, you can call your rep and place the order, and you'll receive it as soon as they have it in stock. I've ordered a Synapse Carbon 5, but looks like I'll have to wait until Sept or Oct to receive it.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
As of now only dealer catalog is available but I have not seen an offical release from Cannondale yet.

· Registered
155 Posts
Can anybody that has access to the 2009 Catalog tell me what the cyclocross line up looks like? I'm considering the '08 X6 and was wondering what the complarable '09 model will be like.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
According to the 09 catalog 08 models have a few more disc brake models compare with 09 release, you can contact Starnut for further details.

· RoadBikeReview Addict
673 Posts
fueledbymetal said:
Can anybody that has access to the 2009 Catalog tell me what the cyclocross line up looks like? I'm considering the '08 X6 and was wondering what the complarable '09 model will be like.
From what I've learned, the 2009 X6 is Patriot Blue (again, similar to the 2005), and non BB30.

· Lesper4
249 Posts
someone please can the cataloge :)

· Lesper4
249 Posts
awesome, i think all in all the new colors and graphics look great. Except for teh orange is a little bright but teh black white and reds are nice!

for some reason your first link is nto working though? and where are the CAAD bikes?

· Registered
305 Posts
fueledbymetal said:
I'm also looking at buying a cross bike. Just looked at my LBS's 09 Cannondale dealers catalogue. And there will be 3 cross models in 09. Cyclocross 2 will replace the XTJ, Tim Johnson's signature bike/X4 with SRAM and the Cyclocross 6 will have Shimano 105, and the 3rd cross bike will come with disc brakes. No changes in the frames other then paint. What I was interested in was the BB30 models, in the 09s, the cross 2 and cross 6 will be BB30 bikes!!

The LBS employee also mentioned all CAAD 9 bikes will be BB30(I did not see that in print)!

· extremely biased
874 Posts
Why would you not buy a Synapse instead of the Six? The Synapse is lighter, stiffer, and cheaper than a similar speced Six. It's not like they are not a race bike. Liquigas raced them in PR two years ago.......................

I didn't order a single one...................... or the Six alloy for that matter.

CAA9s with BB30 will only be avaliable in the custom team program.

Starnut

· Banned
328 Posts
Thanks for posting that, this is the first link where I can get a good feel, though the language is off - you can tell what's what.

Here is the deal. Are these frames really so much better than the current crop? I just don't know. Does the new carbon sans lugs matter that much over the current super six? I still don't get what's the difference between the six and the super six? Are both made in America?

Also, there seems to be frames coming on the market in Ebay, but they are sans forks? Do people think this is OK? Also, how much is a new C'dale fork? Can any retailers tell me?

Thanks

· extremely biased
874 Posts
The supers are made in the US and the Six in Asia.

About a pound. The six carbons are roughly 1350-1400 grams for the frame while the Super HM will be ~950-1000. And they are not as stiff.

Those that are coming up sans fork are warrantys that are slightly misalligned. Anytime you buy a frame from Cdale it comes with a fork (for obvious reasons). When a frame is gets warrantied they don't send the replacement with a new fork.

Cannondale had a small crop of frames that had slightly misaligned stays or a rear brake arch that was a bit to high. There is nothing wrong with them but Cannondlae warrantied them anyway. Hell, one of my employees is riding one at the moment and I have one in my shop that we replaced.

Starnut

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.