Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been using a pair of thin x-country, full finger gloves on my road bike for years. Unfortunately, they are wearing and I cannot find another pair. Can anyone recommend a pair of such gloves?

Thank you!

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Are you wanting padded or unpadded?

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
I have extreme allergy to UV light. I wear full finger 24/7/365. I started wearing the Pearl Izumi full finger PRO aero gloves. SPF50 rating, and the breath amazing. No padding and they come in black and white. Meant for time trials, but the pair I used last year are still chugging along.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
The Giro Rivet II are pretty good, but I've since switched.

I wear moto gloves now.

Pretty much the exact same thing. No padding, full finger, super light and minimal.

I found the Giro Rivet II to be a bit flimsy, the gloves sort of stretch out over time, and the top fabric stains and colors really easily.

Tons of options from all of the MTB and moto companies.

Crashing in moto gloves is way better than crashing in half finger cycling gloves by the way. I wore half finger gloves for the hell of it yesterday. Felt weird. Sweaty finger tips. I prefer the full finger. Much more useful to me.

·
Not a climber
1,312 Posts
I got a pair of Specialized Grail gloves recently. Super thin mesh backing stays very cool. Padding is a little strange, one pad right in the lower middle of the palm, basically the opposite of bike glove padding from the last 20 years. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but the gloves are good for summer riding.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got a pair of Specialized Grail gloves recently. Super thin mesh backing stays very cool. Padding is a little strange, one pad right in the lower middle of the palm, basically the opposite of bike glove padding from the last 20 years. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but the gloves are good for summer riding.
Had the same for a couple of months. Very happy with them.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Geez, the ultra-specific things you find on Amazon. I never would've thought that "running gloves" was a 'thing', but I guess it is. Maybe some of the following exist as well:

Bowling shorts

Driving socks

Basketball sweaters

or maybe even Diving jackets?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts