·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I be fused.

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
sweet! that's amazing, wtg snappers! hope it does you tons of good and keeps yeh riden happy!! you recovered? whats yer status? I been outta the loops.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Tease.

No, seriously, get riding soon.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Oh yes and please stay away from MRI machines. Yer head'll get sucked up against the thing quicker than an airplane passenger gets sucked out of a out of a broken fuselage.

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
I totally thought the same thing lol

thought you swallowed it???

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
srsly? i have titanium on my collar bone...same thing?

snap, hope the fusing gives you some instant relief. i know that once i recovered from the surgery, my collar bone issues were eleventy times better...not sure how it works in yer area o metal

good luck and we hope to get a nice ride report soon :thumbsup:

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
HOLY PEWP GIRLFRIEND!

A pic might be worth 1,000 words, but inquiring minds clearly need a full status report!

·
Registered
962 Posts
i cant see yer fillings. no idea why OEH's words about your last x-ray stuck in my head.

srsly. nice thing about the hardware is it cuts recovery time substantially. good luck.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Cygnus said:
i cant see yer fillings. no idea why OEH's words about your last x-ray stuck in my head.
srsly. nice thing about the hardware is it cuts recovery time substantially. good luck.

Actually I think someone else is responsible for that bit of brilliance.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
I would have gone for carbon fiber to help me climb. I had a pin in my ankle that was used to attach a ligament/avulsion fracture but after a year it started to hurt constantly so they took it out. That was 23 years ago, so far so good.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought the title would get a reaction. My neck is great, range of motion is good, as long as I keep up with my stretching exercises. Doc says I can do anything I want, as long as I use common sense. I'll always some form of DDD (degenerative disc disease) but the chances of the vertebrae above or below my fusion crapping out is very low. He fixed the worst of it, he will be my hero forever.

I'm amazed at the size of the hardware -- and yes, it's titanium. I was a little disappointed, I wanted to set off the alarms at the airport.:rolleyes:

Now. Get my shoulder fixed and I will be good to go!

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Nawp. Titanium is non magnetic I do believe, and probably is the material used in Snap's plate. I'm just yanking her chain for funz. :D
But any metal can potentially get very hot from rf induction currents in an MRI, even if it's nonmagnetic. There have been cases of severe burns, but those are very uncommon and are mostly associated with looped wires.
With regard to medical devices, electrical currents may be induced in conductive metal implants, such as skull plates, and hip prostheses. When conductive patient leads are used during MR scanning, it is especially critical that no loops are formed by the leads. Looped patient leads or devices such as the halo device used for spinal immobilization can pick up RF energy resulting in induced currents, heating of the material, and as a result, potentially severe patient burns. To further reduce the possibility of burns, it is recommended to thermally insulate electrically conductive material in the bore of the magnet from the patient using blankets or sheets.

·
Registered
962 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Actually I think someone else is responsible for that bit of brilliance.
really?

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=2047888&page=2&highlight=fillings

03-10-2009 #7
OldEndicottHiway
RoadBikeReview Member

user gallery

Lord my body has been a good friend but I won't need it
When I reach the end
Miles from nowhere not a soul in sight, but it's all right

Cat Stevens

1 - 20 of 55 Posts