Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some rain over the weekend, while some sections of my ride have unavoidable puddles, these were completely avoidable, but I had time, so I stopped to pose.

FWIW: Northwest Branch trail near Adelphi.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
You gotta thghten that chain.

OverStuffed said:
We had some rain over the weekend, while some sections of my ride have unavoidable puddles, these were completely avoidable, but I had time, so I stopped to pose.

FWIW: Northwest Branch trail near Adelphi.
Good photos. Next time try getting closer so we can get a better look at the ride......

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took care of that as soon as I got home.

The best-looking trick (Not recommending it) I've seen for chain tightness is to pick up the bike so it's on its side in the air, then turn the cranks a few times. If the chain stays on, it's tight enough. I saw a trackie do it at Trexlertown, checking out my buddy's bike. If nothing else, that's a safety standard.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I was wondering how much mud got jammed up into your cleats! Pretty cool green starting to come up. Looks like you've been getting plenty of the wet stuff.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not much mud at all. The grass held it all together pretty well. Thing about the grass, I don't think it hasn't been brown since last year. We had one really cold week in December, but it's really been pretty mild around here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts