Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I grabbed an 86 schwinn world tourist from my grandparents as they werent using it anymore and gas is insane. So i removed the fenders, rack, shifter, all that crap and such. put on some bontrager riser bars from my old fisher mountain bike and threw on the saddle as well. So im out today on my way back home from returning a movie and I see this chick walking the opposite way down the sidewalk about 100yards out. Ive got it ghetto rigged as a single speed so im cuisin around at about 12 mph. I guess this was destined to happen because as im checking out this chick and getting closer my front brake caliper randomly decides to remove and fall into the wheel. As you can guess i made it one rotation of the wheel and then performed a swandive right over the bars. I made a loud ugh sound and then picked the bike back up, wrapped the caliper around the bars and left like nothing happened. Though you all would enjoy that. shocking thing is that it was enough force for the caliper arm to bend about an inch yet the spokes are not only fine but still tight. go schwinn

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
That's gawds way of making sure you don't have impure thoughts. If he were really mad he would have had you drop the boys on the top tube...Did you get her number at least?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.