Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
slowmo1 said:
I stumbled across these on Ebay a little bit ago, and thought I would drop a link here. Don't know if anyone likes these things or not.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Leather...goryZ420QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Saddleb...goryZ420QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Again, these are not mine, but I was intrigued.
If anyone sees anything similar, but a bit smaller, let me know. I am looking for a leather saddlebag for my latest project.

Thanks,

FBB

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Brooks Millbrook

Probably the size you are looking for, not the price, $90, Harris Cyclery. This is what drives me nuts, $90 for that bag and it is not leather, pleather over cloth. The bag i metion is a small size of the big bag the Ebay guy is selling.

Not to highjack the thread, my $18 leather handlebar/rear seat bags came in. If you look at the on Harris Cyclery site, Brooks bag that is sort of like a rollup with a buckle, very similar except mine does not have the strap and buckle, it has a 1/4 turn clasp. Now the leather quality, think police leather, it is fairly thick stuff, I dressed mine with proofide and they look pretty good. I broke one of the strap attachment points already, no big deal, a small nut and bolt fixed the problem better than original design. The rear use bag on my Brooks pro, i had to mfg a small stabilizer rack out of a brass rod I bought at Depot. The bag hangs and sort of points toward the floor and most likely would be swinging about too much, the small rack holds it right in place. The same site also sells leather motorcycle saddle bags, about the same size as a pannier, $52 a pair. I am considering those for my commuter bike that I bought the handlebar bags for. Could easily put wet proof wax on the outside and the leather on those is so thick I doubt water would do much damage. Going to do the Honjo hammered finish fenders first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.