Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
dfdf
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Caad 10 & just got a Caad 12 disc D/A,measured the frames from center of bottom bracket to top of top tube along the seat tube & my eyes were right ,the Caad 12 frame is 1/2" taller,if Id known that I would of went down a size .

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
I have a Caad 10 & just got a Caad 12 disc D/A,measured the frames from center of bottom bracket to top of top tube along the seat tube & my eyes were right ,the Caad 12 frame is 1/2" taller,if Id known that I would of went down a size .
Well you're in luck, this is the measure that matters the least on a frame... just not to say it doesn't matter at all. The seatpost can be raised or lowered, if one has his at the lowest a frame allows, then the frame is probably too small yes.

Going a size smaller would have influence on the fit as the horizontal top tube, stack height and reach would all be smaller, measures that actually matter.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
It's easy enough to compare the geometry charts.

The key dimensions (ETT, HT, Stack and reach) are with a few mm, at least for sizes 54, 56 & 58.

Certainly not anything as significant as a change in size.

·
Registered
116 Posts

I tried to bring this up on here awhile back and everyone seems to the think the CAAD 12s aren't that much larger but the bikes are taller than the 10s were. Just looking at the geometry charts it looked like the 12s would be bigger and Cannondale definitely made them taller. If i was buying a CAAD 12 I would certainly be going down a size from the CAAD 10 I currently ride.

·
Registered
314 Posts
This subject comes up every so often. I only look at my size (56cm) and Cannondale road geometry has not changed much in 30 years. 56cm top tube and 15cm head tube. The stack and reach are still pretty much the same too. CAAD9's and maybe 10's had a slightly sloped top tube but other than that its very close to the same. The measurements that are important haven't really changed much if at all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think what many are saying, is that standover and seatpost exposure aren't the greatest influence in relation to correct sizing....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.