Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Canon Point and shoot and took it out on my 3 gap ride. So far I am happy with the 790is. I used a mountain smith cyber II pack to attach it to the handle bars.

First few pics was heading out from Dahlonega to Neals gap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Wolf pen

I made it to Walasi-Yi. The guy in the Ferarri was having way to much fun getting to the top. The road up Wolf Pen sucks and the shoulder sucks even worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woodys Gap

And back to Dahlonega. Didn't get many snap of down hills cause I forgot my helmet and didn't want to take any risks. Put my balaclava on and thought I had my brain bucket on but figured out 20 miles into the ride I was missing something. Just didn't feel right with out, like not wearing a seat belt in a car. After more than 10 years of wearing it, with out it I feel naked. Guess I am conditioned.

This was my first photo journal, hope you guys enjoy.
 

·
Old enough to know better
Joined
·
720 Posts
always nice to see shots of different places.
Thanks for your post and keep them coming!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
I want to do that ride. I want that Ferrari.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess it isn't so bad. I just dont like it in the summer when you have cars and motorcycles crowding you and the shoulder has one hell of lip down especially when there is no guard rail:) Funny when I ride Tsali and the side drop is there it doesn't bother me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
Pretty country- where is it?
I don`t know how you could forget your helmet either, but I do the same thing. There have been times when I went to leave work and just couldn`t find mine... not in my locker, not at the bike rack, not on my bench. Both times it turned out that I had left it at home and never even noticed. Also, both times I had a watch cap- maybe just having something on my head made me not notice the lack of a chin strap.
 

·
MTBR Member
Joined
·
2,908 Posts
rodar y rodar said:
Pretty country- where is it?
I don`t know how you could forget your helmet either, but I do the same thing. There have been times when I went to leave work and just couldn`t find mine... not in my locker, not at the bike rack, not on my bench. Both times it turned out that I had left it at home and never even noticed. Also, both times I had a watch cap- maybe just having something on my head made me not notice the lack of a chin strap.
Yup, I've but on a balaclava, and headed out the door without my helmet. Just putting something on your head makes you feel like you have completed all the necessary steps.

I did notice by the time I got to the end of the street though, and turned back to get the helmet. Once you realize it's missing, things just don't feel right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Rode both sides of Neels with Wolfpen in the middle back in '04. Can't believe it has been five years already. Really good riding but very different climbs.

Stopped at that general store too. Brings back memories
 

·
Resident Curmudgeon
Joined
·
11,980 Posts
Very nice! That looks like quite a climb.
 

·
Bacon!
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Can't wait to see your full on spring shots. I'll bet it's gorgeous.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,106 Posts
pherret said:
I made it to Walasi-Yi. The guy in the Ferarri was having way to much fun getting to the top. The road up Wolf Pen sucks and the shoulder sucks even worse.
I bought a jacket in that store on my way to the Tour de Georgia in 2005 -- I came to Georgia expecting warm weather and sunshine and it was snowing on Brasstown Bald that day. I vowed that one day I would come back to northern Georgia with my bike; I was in a car in 2005. Thanks for the pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
MarkS said:
I bought a jacket in that store on my way to the Tour de Georgia in 2005 -- I came to Georgia expecting warm weather and sunshine and it was snowing on Brasstown Bald that day. I vowed that one day I would come back to northern Georgia with my bike; I was in a car in 2005. Thanks for the pics.
I was up there that day. The break didn't get snowed/hailed on. The chasing peloton did. There were a lot of riders that couldn't believe they were seeing that kind of weather!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top