Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not much of a Football fan but I was out for a ride and needed a destination. I figured I take the trail over to Mile High Stadium and see what all the fuss was about.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Limos in waiting

North of the stadium I ran into this line of limos. Nothing says excess like....well, excess

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parking issues

Now there's a lot of parking by the stadium but today there was some overflow. I missed the shot of a private lot charging $15. The parking Jeeps were out in force. I'm not really sure what they were ticketing for as this street is residential and has no meters. Sucks to come home from the store and find that every spot on your block is filled though

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trolley to the game

The Platte River Trolley runs on game days. It doesn't go far but saves some walking and would be convenient for the folks who live in the lofts in Lodo (lower downtown) or the people who have park in the far lots. It's not actually a Trolley anymore since it's been converted to Diesel/electric. The trolling arm on top is just for looks now

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ride to the game

I was interested to see how many folks chose to ride to the game and avoid all the traffic and parking issues. A few did.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got a fare

Some folks were leaving early. They weren't happy. I heard this peddie qoute the woman a price of $5. Sounded like a deal to me. It's interesting that the posts that are set into the walk to prevent cars driving up on the walk are just wide enough for the pedalcabs to pass through. It's also interesting that I was right outside of the game and had no idea of the score. Better luck next time Broncos

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Miyata

It's mine. It's a Miyata 310 converted to fixed gear. She's overdue for a fashion shoot but here's a shot that's half decent

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The inspiration

Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth was the inspiration for the headtube badge. I'm not obsessed or anything. The image just fit well. I don't name my bikes but I've started to think of this one as Kim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts