Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of snow left over from out December snowstorm... I figure it would be 1981-82 as the levers are non-aero and is still 6 speed. I will have to spend some time with a tooth brush to polish her up. If only it was a 58cm!

·
Registered
223 Posts
The brazed on front derailleur suggests maybe mid 80s? Very nice bike. The campy nuovo and super record components were standard of racing Italian bikes through the 80s. Mid through late 80s the bikes had 6 and 7 speed cassettes.

·
Registered
599 Posts
the brakeset and braze-on front derailleur would indicate a post 1983 build. iirc the cinelli mod 64's went to the short-lived 'star' embossing around 1984/85-the bar prolly isn't original however as the 3TTT record 78 stem(26.0) and that era of cinelli bars(26.4) shouldn't be compatible without some *determination* ( much later cinelli made them in both 26.0 and 26.4 sizing)
anyway, i'm thinking it's most likely an 84

G

·
Larry87 said:
thanks everyone for your idea's and knowledge. Anyone know the best place to find a similar front hub so I can call it complete?
Can you please post a pic of the front hub?

I will look in my spares box.

I have friend in North Van that I know for a fact would have whatever it is - but post up a pic.

G

·
You're looking for a high flange NR front hub??

I do not think I have one as a loose spare but I have a bunch of wheels built with them.

What rims have you got on the wheels??

·
Registered
223 Posts
toomanybikes said:
You're looking for a high flange NR front hub??

I do not think I have one as a loose spare but I have a bunch of wheels built with them.

What rims have you got on the wheels??
The rear hub is small flange. I would suggest a small flange front to match the rear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts