Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
dropped!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a club race on a closed course- it's around a park. last week, i went to the park, started at the start/finish line, did 1 loop, and then rode around and hit stop at the finish line.

i've saved it and uploaded to my computer and then saved it as a course. now, can i use this for a 5 lap race so that whenever i cross the finish line, it will record laps automatically and keep data for that course?

thanks

:)

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
r_mutt said:
i have a club race on a closed course- it's around a park. last week, i went to the park, started at the start/finish line, did 1 loop, and then rode around and hit stop at the finish line.

i've saved it and uploaded to my computer and then saved it as a course. now, can i use this for a 5 lap race so that whenever i cross the finish line, it will record laps automatically and keep data for that course?

thanks

:)
Yep.

Would also have done (established laps)it the first time you raced, automatically and without any particular effort. As soon as you passed where you hit 'start', it would have marked a lap.

To be clear, they will be recorded as laps within a given exercise - it's not as if you can pick that course and get a list of all the various times you've ridden it. I don't expect that's what you meant, but saying.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a course which was originally recorded with laps/splits. It does not automatically record my laps when I ride against the course.

So is the difference repeating the course versus a course where the laps are really splits?

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
67fb said:
I have a course which was originally recorded with laps/splits. It does not automatically record my laps when I ride against the course.

So is the difference repeating the course versus a course where the laps are really splits?
It does automatically record laps, if you wish for it to, and in a couple of different ways. No, it can't read your mind and tell when you want it to or how, but with just a little nudging, it works out fine.

See Pages 22-23 of the instructions for details.

I don't follow the laps/splits/repeats question well, but I think the answer is no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.