Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a Garmin 520 but I have an Operating system that I can not transfer data via browser plugins.

Is it possible to copy ride data from the Garmin in mass storage mode (e.g. showing up as a drive letter) and manually upload to garmin connect?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I am considering getting a Garmin 520 but I have an Operating system that I can not transfer data via browser plugins.

Is it possible to copy ride data from the Garmin in mass storage mode (e.g. showing up as a drive letter) and manually upload to garmin connect?
If you have a smartphone that is bluetooth it will auto synch to garmin connect if you download the app on your phone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup. Just plug it in. Access it as removable storage. Get the .fit file from the Activities folder.
perfect.

If you have a smartphone that is bluetooth it will auto synch to garmin connect if you download the app on your phone.
Does the 520 have bluetooth? I though that was just a 1000 feature. If it does that's another option to go with

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
perfect.

Does the 520 have bluetooth? I though that was just a 1000 feature. If it does that's another option to go with
Honestly the bluetooth feature is super easy, easier than manual manipulation of files.

I do the bluetooth synch all the time. I just leave my edge on bluetooth for rides less than 5 hours, after my ride i just turn on my bluetooth on my phone, and in about 30 seconds the ride shows up on garmin connenct and strava.

·
Registered
20,781 Posts
Honestly the bluetooth feature is super easy, easier than manual manipulation of files.

I do the bluetooth synch all the time. I just leave my edge on bluetooth for rides less than 5 hours, after my ride i just turn on my bluetooth on my phone, and in about 30 seconds the ride shows up on garmin connenct and strava.
Yea it is really nice. The big drawback is since I'm not using a cable to upload, I forget to charge my Garmin more often.

Oh, and it's limited to certain phone models and newer OS's. And doesn't work on 3g. But it will work if your phone is connected to wifi. I had to get a new 4g phone to get it to work through cellular.

http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={bbfc9660-8f77-11e3-d5f4-000000000000}

1 - 9 of 9 Posts