Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys & gals with a Garmin Edge 705 have any problems with the thing locking up?

I've had mine now for about a month and it's locked up on me two times. Both times I was on the screen that shows the road map. (It stays on that screen no matter what button is pressed - as well it stops recording data)

After I noticed it was locked up, I powered it off & then back on again and it works

Anyone else having this probem?

Guess I better get hold of Garmin.

Joe

·
Registered
84 Posts
there were a few others complaining of this on the motionbased forum. Supposedly the update fixed it, guess not. I found that I was inadvertently inducing lock up (actually was resetting). Screen would go black, had to turn on then off. When riding, and pushing the "Mode" button on the left, I was resting or bumping my palm on the "Lap/reset" button. Took a couple of times before I put it together, and saw myself doing it. duh.... No spikes for me, auto calibrate the wheel dia. doesn't seem to work however, thanks to the update

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.