Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can download courses to my computer, make sure they are in the proper format and upload them into Garmin connect but I cant find them either in garmin connect or on my garmin. anyone have a similar problem? I have read up on this and they are supposed to be under courses but I have not had any luck. I have a century ride this Sunday and I am hoping to use this insrtead of a cue sheet as a backup incase i am a head of the entire group....or just incase I am so far back I cant see anyone!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Riding Tour de Cure? I'll be there too. You can get the course here:
2013 ADA National Capital Tour de Cure Goose Creek Century Route (108 Miles) - A bike ride in Reston, VA
You can download either the TCX or GPX. Either will work. I'm still experimenting with both formats. The TCX will have all of the extra cue sheet info like rest stop info and such. Seems like too much. I think in this case the GPX may be better.

After you download the file, put it in the garmin/newfiles directory. Power up and you should see it in your courses.
If you aren't riding TdC, same applies. Save the TCX, GPX or FIT flle and put it in the newfiles directory and power up.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scottma - thats the first time i've ever heard of new files and it worked.
I am doing Reston but I'm not as exited about it as I was last week - todays 90 degree ride kicked my A$$ for some reason!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scottma, how did you do? I was glad to see the clouds and feel some rain drops! my time was 5:51, avg speed 18.4. garmin and strava both showed 4400 calories burned

·
Registered
910 Posts
We were the first group out at 6 and were like 10 min ahead of any other riders. We were going at a blistering pace. Too fast for me to sustain for a century. Then, ran into some trouble. One of us broke a spoke on Irene (~ 25 mi in). UGH! Did you ride by two guys walking bikes down Irene? I had a spare wheel at home. I had my wife bring it out. 45 min later, back on the ride! Not bad. The rest of the group left and it was just me and my buddy from there. He was very happy to be able to finish the ride. I'm not as fast as you. We averaged 17 MPH, but that was also with walking 3/4 mi down Irene. I will say the next 83 mi we were only passed once by a big group so we didn't do too bad. 5:51 is very good. You are a very fast rider. The fastest guy in our group did it in 6:03.

Yes, I was VERY happy with the weather! Cloudy, not too hot, and just enough of a sprinkle to help to keep us cool. I had a really nice ride. Rest stops were good. Nice route, and it was for a good cause. Our club raised over $10K!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.