Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm thinking about buying an edge 305 and I am considering about the HR or Cad option. My question is, Can you buy a 305 CAD and use an old chest strap from another HR monitor to have all the HR features? Or you have to buy the specific 305 HR to get all these features...?

· Fat Guy in a Little Coat
82 Posts
You'll need theirs...

albertodealcudia said:
Hi all. I'm thinking about buying an edge 305 and I am considering about the HR or Cad option. My question is, Can you buy a 305 CAD and use an old chest strap from another HR monitor to have all the HR features? Or you have to buy the specific 305 HR to get all these features...?
You can add their HR or Cadence feature after the fact. Like most products, buying all at the same time will most likely be your cheapest solution, if possible. Check the Hot Deals forum, but Chumbo.com has the Edge/HR/Cadence bundle for $295, extremely fast and reasonable shipping.

· Registered
41 Posts
I have the 305 HR and just out of curiousity, I tried two other chest strap transmitters from other heart rate setups that I own. One is even the same shape and size as the Garmin but branded Bike Nashbar. Neither one worked with the Garmin. I suspect that like the others indicate, the coding or electronic signature of the Garmin strap is unique.

· Registered
193 Posts
I've got the 305 Edge hr and cadence. Doubt I'll use the cadence, but the hr works great. Everything I've read on various Garmin boards indcates that other hr senders don't work with it.

Got mine on Chumbo, but see that Costco now has the combo deal on their site for $289.95. Can't beat their return policy if something goes wrong.

Mark

· Fat Guy in a Little Coat
82 Posts
I bought mine from Chumbo about 3 weeks ago, and this is about $13 dollars cheaper. Their price is great, but shipping is expensive when ordering 2 or more items. I ordered the edge and an additional cadence sensor, and was charged shipping at the single item rate twice (once for each item), even though both pieces came in the same box. Even with the shipping, comparatively it was a good deal, and the shipping was extremely fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.