Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my garmin edge this week and installed it before my first ride this past Sunday (yesterday). Two problems? I noticed:

1.) My contrast button works, but the backlight doesn't. What color is the backlight suppose to be? Am I doing something wrong? How do I keep it on? Even under "Always On," no light shows up.

2.) My cadence sensor doesnt work. Does it have a battery in it? when the wheel or my crankarm pass it, it is suppose to light up (according to the directions), however, it never lights up. They started at about 5mm away and I moved them closer to about 2mm with no luck. Any help?

Otherwise, this is the coolest thing I have yet to get my hands on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here is how I fixed mine

iliveonnitro said:
2.) My cadence sensor doesnt work. Does it have a battery in it? when the wheel or my crankarm pass it, it is suppose to light up (according to the directions), however, it never lights up. They started at about 5mm away and I moved them closer to about 2mm with no luck. Any help?

Otherwise, this is the coolest thing I have yet to get my hands on.
I had two problems with mine.

First, the battery was put in by the factory upside down. So you have no power until you reverse it. There is a bag with a note, but mine wasn't in the bag when I got it. If the little test light doesn't work, this is the odds on favorite for a fix.

Second, it was hard to position it correctly to pickup cadence on my bike. I used another magnet double-stick taped to the one they supplied to get the connection. It was just to far from the pedals to sensor without building up the magnets somehow.

Once I was past those little problems it worked great.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts