Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the bar/stem mount for the 305 have anything to do with the functionality of the unit or is its only purpose to hold the unit in the correct direction for satellite reception?

Has anybody using the unit had the mount fail and the unit fall off?

What is the realistic battery life?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
slhappy said:
Does the bar/stem mount for the 305 have anything to do with the functionality of the unit or is its only purpose to hold the unit in the correct direction for satellite reception?

Has anybody using the unit had the mount fail and the unit fall off?

What is the realistic battery life?

Thanks
The mount has no function other than holding the unit to the bike. I've never had the mount fail. It has a very positive click that's hard to miss. I did damage a unit (the altimeter failed) when I reached up to take it off a bike, unclipped it, and dropped it about 8 feet onto concrete. They replaced it with at no charge.

The battery in mine seems to last about 6 hours; maybe a little more. I've only had it run down when I took a 3-4 hour ride, forgot to recharge, and took it out the next day, too.

G

·
mhc said:
The mount has no function other than holding the unit to the bike. I've never had the mount fail. It has a very positive click that's hard to miss. I did damage a unit (the altimeter failed) when I reached up to take it off a bike, unclipped it, and dropped it about 8 feet onto concrete. They replaced it with at no charge.

The battery in mine seems to last about 6 hours; maybe a little more. I've only had it run down when I took a 3-4 hour ride, forgot to recharge, and took it out the next day, too.
+1 same here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies...yakky how did it work in the jersey pocket? that is what i'm getting at...can I carry it off the mount and still get full functionality (cadence/HR/etc.) provided the satellites are being recieved?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a couple of mounts break (I was more forceful than necessary; you barely have to push the tab down... but the unit may require a little bit of a tug to get it off; do not push the tab down too far... the plastic will fatigue and break).

With that said... yes, I too carried the Garmin in my pocket while waiting for a new mount. Of course, it was frustrating not being able to view real-time data... but at least I still had accurate data to import into my computer.

Finally... yes, I have heard of the 305's falling off the mount... but only due to user-error, where the rider did not sufficiently secure it (as the previous poster said... you will hear a definitive click when it secures; once secure, I can't imagine it ever falling off).

There are many, many threads that attest to the value of this unit... and to the fantastic customer service. I highly recommend it! (Also, I use SportsTracks, which is freeware and arguably as good as Motion Base).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.