Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the threads posted about the 305, but had specific functionality questions. I've been interested in one of these for a while, and hadn't made the purchase, opting to stay with a Shimano Flight Deck and just purchased a Polar 725. Depending on the answers posted, the Flight Deck might come off and the Polar sent back...

I'm trying to find the following...

1) How many (if any) heart rate zones can be programed into the unit.
2) I've heard the Lithium Ion battery is not user replaceable...Is it replaceable by the factory, and has anyone seen an "anticipated" life span?
3) I saw a post where a user alluded to being able to create and upload routes into the unit. I didn't think this was possible; I thought you actually had to ride the course first. Has anyone had luck uploading routes they haven't ridden?
4) I've also heard some people state the unit "locks up" intermittently. Has anyone had this or other problems, and would they keep you from making the purchase again?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

·
Cobalt Thorium G?
63 Posts
I've used my Edge 305 since Feb. Overall all I've liked it.

tjspahr said:
1) How many (if any) heart rate zones can be programed into the unit.
5 zones

tjspahr said:
2) I've heard the Lithium Ion battery is not user replaceable...Is it replaceable by the factory, and has anyone seen an "anticipated" life span?
Not sure on this. However, so far so good

tjspahr said:
3) I saw a post where a user alluded to being able to create and upload routes into the unit. I didn't think this was possible; I thought you actually had to ride the course first. Has anyone had luck uploading routes they haven't ridden?
I've done this a few times, and it works like a champ. I used this site

tjspahr said:
4) I've also heard some people state the unit "locks up" intermittently. Has anyone had this or other problems, and would they keep you from making the purchase again?
I haven't had any problems. From the reading I have done, if one makes sure you have the current software and does a hard reset, they shouldn't have to many problems.

You can find a lot of good info on the Motion Based Edge forum and in the Edge manual

Hope this helped
Flounder

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.