Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason i can not get my edge 305 to read speed in mph and distance in miles at the same time. If i set it so the distance is in miles it sets the speed to KH. If i set it so the speed is in MPH it puts the distance in FT. What am i missing here?

joe

·
3,494 Posts
jammin said:
For some reason i can not get my edge 305 to read speed in mph and distance in miles at the same time. If i set it so the distance is in miles it sets the speed to KH. If i set it so the speed is in MPH it puts the distance in FT. What am i missing here?
I think there is just one setting in the menus to choose between metric and statute. When set to statute measurements, the distance starts off in feet. However, once you start cycling and accumulate some distance it will soon switch from feet to miles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went for a nice ride today, And you are correct it changed over to miles. Thx. again for the help.

·
Colorado Springs, CO
629 Posts
Remember also to download the Garmin webupdater on your PC and update the software in the device periodically. The last update I noticed made the device acquire the satellites much faster than before. Maybe this happened in a previous update - it's been a while since I updated it before just doing it a couple of weeks ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts