Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just pick up a Felt ar5 the other day and it came with an garmin edge 500 bundle. I wanted to get some opinions on this computer from those of you who have used it before.

I am have yet to take it out of the package because I'm contemplating on selling it, but I might just keep it if I hear some good things from everyone.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have the G500 bundle on my Cervelo and like it very much. It's a great training tool, and a great way to keep track of your rides. The heart-rate strap transmits data flawlessly and the GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor also works well and provides speed data when riding in thick cover. Very easy to set-up and tons of customizable display data fields. Also, I like the size much more than the Edge 605/705 and didn't need mapping feature. I plan to get a PowerTap this Summer and look forward to incorporating the data with the Garmin. Overall, it's a great little GPS/cycle computer.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am loving my edge 500

it does everything i could ever want plus more lol
the one thing it doesnt do is colect total total kms unless you press the start button and record your course
some times i just want to ride with out recording my course and for it to collect the total kms (miles)

apart from that its size is perfect the ability to display 24 diff pieces of info is more than enough just remeber to keep it charged lol before a big ride

Twiggy73

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you want a bike computer I am not sure if your going to do better unless you want mapping functions. It is small powerful and works with a powermeter if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had mine for about a month now, and I love it. It does everything I want, it's very customizable, the battery lasts forever, and the computer uploading is great as well. I haven't experienced the HR strap yet but will be getting one soon. I say keep it. You'll be hard pressed to find a better computer unless you want the mapping function available on the 605/705.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.