Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, newbie question here. I have a 2015 Giant Propel which has Giant Ride Sense already on it.
I don't really want the Garmin Edge 520 Bundle which includes Speed, Cadence and HRM.
So my question is can I just buy the cheaper non - bundle option and use it straight out of the box without buying anything else?
I have been using my smartphone at the moment which connects to the ride sense sensors.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi everyone, newbie question here. I have a 2015 Giant Propel which has Giant Ride Sense already on it.
I don't really want the Garmin Edge 520 Bundle which includes Speed, Cadence and HRM.
So my question is can I just buy the cheaper non - bundle option and use it straight out of the box without buying anything else?
I have been using my smartphone at the moment which connects to the ride sense sensors.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Careful, I thought I could get away without the bundle because I already had cadence and speed sensor but they did not work and the GPS used satellites which were really inaccurate readings. My speed would read 34mph then it would read 11mph. At no time during the ride was I going either of those speeds. My mileage was also off.

·
Registered
20,727 Posts
Careful, I thought I could get away without the bundle because I already had cadence and speed sensor but they did not work and the GPS used satellites which were really inaccurate readings. My speed would read 34mph then it would read 11mph. At no time during the ride was I going either of those speeds. My mileage was also off.
Maybe yours is defective.

I use mine all the time without speed/cadence sensor. It's accurate with others that I ride with. Last ride was 34mi. It was within 0.2mi distance of three other riders and within 0.1mph average speed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 520 works wonderfully with the Bontrager DuoTap sensors (probably like the Giant set up). I think you should just buy the stand alone unit and use what you already have for sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts