Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an Edge 810 which I put OpenStreetMaps on it (bicycle routable). I can't seem to search for/route to an address. Is this something I can correct or is it just the nature of the free OSM maps? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have the Dave H maps. The maps all seem to be there fine, POI's are ok, but searching by address, both my parents home and my own are nonexistent. We live in the Minneapolis metro, and both of our towns have 25k+ people on their own, so we aren't talking the middle of nowhere.

Totally confused.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just updated to firmware version 5.00 and have the SW OSM map loaded, I just tried searching by address for ones I knew existed and where they were, some come up exactly others come up with the nearest address. Not quite sure what is going on with yours.
What are SW open street maps? I can try those. Thanks!

·
Registered
698 Posts
What are SE open street maps? I can try those. Thanks!
Sorry, Southeast US only

I just installed the one from OpenMapChest, to see if it works.

Results:
Loaded map, which is now the whole country instead of my normal SE US.
I live in NC, my parents live on a dirt road in OR
Searched for their address
Found their address.

Can you try and reload the maps to your SD card.

Update:
Here is something interesting. My home is in a very small town without a Post Office. The USPS knows where to deliver the mail regardless of whether my mail is addressed to my town or the town that the actual Post Office is in. On the DH version I have to put in the Post Office city as the search city, on the OpenMapChest OSM I have to put in the actual town I live in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts